GoBeyond has published The 2019 GoBeyond Investor Report: “Angel Investing Strategies and Portfolio Returns”. The Report is based on data from 2008 to 2018 covering investments made by 800+ investors who invest through the GoBeyond platform.
Key Facts and Figures:
- The GoBeyond investor community includes 884 early stage investors that come from 45 countries and represent 48 nationalities.
- The GoBeyond community invested €24.1m (CHF27.3m) through 247 investment rounds in 98 companies from 17 countries.
- 88% of investors who have invested at least once have breakeven or positive returns.
Christopher Rolfe, CEO GoBeyond, comments: “it is a special occasion for the GoBeyond community when we publish our annual report. Behind this unique report and data set are hours of work done by dedicated people in our community: angel investors, deal leaders, employees and advisors. To provide this type of insight is invaluable and we believe it sets our company apart in the emerging asset class that is early stage investing.”
The Report also includes the results of a research collaboration between the University of St. Gallen and GoBeyond. The researchers from St.Gallen analyzed predictive algorithms using Twitter data and a large dataset of companies (including GoBeyond portfolio startups) to build a model to predict new venture survival. Although the research is still in its early stages, initial results suggest that the model can correctly discriminate failed ventures from surviving ventures in up to 77% of cases.
The GoBeyond Approach:
- Sector and geographically diverse community of business angels
- Curated deals sourced from dedicated Deal Leaders with strong ecosystem relationships
- Emphasis on learning & returns-focussed approach
- Cross-border deals at various stages of investment
- Seamless syndication for small & large investments through an optimized technology platform
Please note, early stage investments are not publicly quoted, may not be subject to audit and are preliminary. The data is provided solely for information and does not represent a guaranteed result nor future performance. Any reliance on the information in this report is entirely at the risk of the reader. Investors should understand that they should not rely on this information to make specific investment decisions. Go Beyond Investing AG and group companies (“GoBeyond”) do not guarantee completeness or accuracy of the information contained in this report. This report does not constitute a solicitation or an investment offer or advice, nor does it create any legal relationship of whatsoever nature, like for instance a mandate, with GoBeyond. GoBeyond waives any liability for the content of this report in particular for the future results of the startup companies referred to. Investors are implored to evaluate all information regarding a potential investee with financial advisors and legal counsel as well as consider whether they could bear a full loss. Early stage investments should not represent a large part of the available assets of investors who are not Qualified Investors due to the high risk they involve.
Download Investor Report
Subscribe to our newsletter
Here’s where we share insights and keep you posted about upcoming events.